Monday, May 28, 2007

Frat Magnet

(Sorry, I've been singing that to the 'Rock Lobster' tune all day...)

Okay, once was fun as I haven't experienced it before, but shoot me if I've begun attracting these people! (Although I suppose yesterdays guy is more accurately a preppy, but the whole atmosphere there was frat).


My regular brought his relative in last night for birthday celebration. He was a nice kid, to me anyway, but...FRAT BOY. Even my regular (let's call him Peter) who usually dresses, well - are we still allowed to say metrosexual? -was rocking the backwards baseball cap. I nearly dropped dead when I saw that on him. His cuz was sporting the same but looked way more at home in it and a tee with slogan 'Think Long And Hard'. Nice. They were telling me about his birthday party the night before. The guy lives in a converted frat house upstate with a working fully stocked bar, beer on tap included, a pool, 2.5 acres of land, and shares with 5 firefighters. Now that's a party house. The party highlights included 20 kegs in a refrigerated truck ( and to think I was excited about my first), a couple having sex on a lawn chair in full view of everyone until the chair broke, and a roommate getting so drunk and aggressive he broke down a locked door, gave two people black eyes, and was asked to move out the next morning. Woo!


It was quiet, holiday weekend, but I had two girls at the bar, one was pretty drunk. She kept interrupting her conversation to yell 'DWIGHT YOAKAM' at me whenever I walked by. I haven't the foggiest why but it was flipping annoying. Peter and the cuz made their moves... Eventually the cuz and drunk girl disappear downstairs to the bathroom. Now I always break this kind of stuff up, but yeah I play favourites, and Peter's one of my faves. So I pretended not to notice his cuz get a little birthday action. After they were gone for a few I noticed the guy brought his goddamn beer down with him! Awesome. That's dedication, let nothing interrupt your quality beer time!


Wow. I didn't mean for this to be all about the frat boys but that's just the way my weekend turned out. Forgive me for finding this so interesting/amusing but it's pretty alien to me. I did grow up with 'the Lads' which was all about beer, bitches and your boyeezz, but I was honorary female member so...THAT'S why I love this crap, it reminds me of my misspent teenage years! Hanging around with the Lads though, and hearing how they spoke about birds they pulled, is the reason I stayed a virgin til I was 19 and safely stateside...

Enough. I'm getting far too serious. Here's hoping for some shenanigans tonight!

No comments: