Monday, June 4, 2007

Taking Retards to the Zoo


I was ambushed by cocktail waitress the second I walked in. 'Hey, sugartits, the ladies want two apple martinis and an orgasm.' Huh, don't we all...you know, if by 'apple martini' you mean 'real drink'. But the first order of the night being for gayass drinks is never a good sign. And sure enough, within a hour I was kicking out 'Overly friendly and inappropriately touchy-feely random', a customer got into a fight with a bike delivery guy outside, unfortunately whilst I was out there smoking and obliged to intervene, rain killed my trade, and I was full of waterdrinking campers for the Yankee/Red Sox game. Despite all this, not a bad night. I was ON FORM bitches! Scored some new regulars with my charm, wit and fabulosity, caught up with some who've been MIA for a while, had some chuckles, made some dough. I am a happy bunny.



Is it just me, or are the Red Sox the acceptable hipster baseball team? It seems like 90% of my ironically full-bearded, guitar toting, Brooklyn/Sierra/Smithwicks drinkers are Red Sox fans. I guess it makes sense with the whole not winning for a bajillion years thing... But shouldn't true hipsters be rooting for, I don't know, the Montreal farm team or something? I use true hipsters as opposed to the truly cool, who of course root for the Mets.

No comments: